Under the direction of the Housekeeping Coordinator and Maintenance Director, Housekeeping Staff are responsible for the cleanliness, sanitization, and overall appearance of Morgan’s Wonderland Camp (MWC) property with the purpose of providing a safe and welcoming environment for campers, guests, volunteers, groups, and staff. Key aspect of this role’s focus include frequent cleaning and sanitization of camp property in adherence to MWC’s COVID-19 guidelines, equipment and supply upkeep, and overall beautification of MWC. This role works closely with the Maintenance/Operations Team as well as all other Camp departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure routine cleaning and sanitization of cabins and other residential areas according to weekly Camp schedule
- Ensure routine cleaning and sanitization of medical building, front offices, and various building interiors
- Wash, clean, and sanitize pool towels, and various linens
- Prepare residential areas for incoming guests according to guidelines
- Properly maintain all equipment, supplies, furnishing, and vehicles.
- Ensure all equipment remains in proper working order and in compliance with operating procedures.
- Document repairs and maintenance through written work order system.
- Communicate regularly to Housekeeping Coordinator on all issues as they relate
- Maintain routine cleaning and sanitization strategies for all buildings and activity areas in adherence to MWC’S COVID-19 guidelines.
- Ensures all aspects of cleaning and sanitization strategies are in compliance with safety standards set by local, state, and federal regulations, insurance, and ACA.
- Ensures buildings, activity areas, and storage sites are clean and safe according to OSHA standards.
- Responsible for responding appropriately to housekeeping emergencies (i.e. bed bugs, virus sanitization, etc.)
- Provide support for camp activities.
- Participates in on-going professional development and maintain an understanding of current best-practices.
- Actively support and promote a safe environment and ensure that proper safety precautions are being followed.
- Mitigate risk whenever possible and make safety recommendations to all departments.
- Ability to understand and adhere to local, state, federal and ACA health and safety regulations.
- Understanding of housekeeping procedures and skills, and ability to execute these.
- Knowledge and experience with housekeeping supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of housekeeping procedures relating to large-scale properties.
- Education: High School degree or equivalent required. Some college preferred
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience in related field.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Morgan’s Wonderland as well as the implementation of these values in all daily work activity.
- Must possess high levels of self-motivation, attention to detail, and time-management.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office and outdoor environment.
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis: ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
- Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required.
- Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration. This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in order to identify problems and recommend solutions
This is a full-time, hourly position.