Under the direction of the Maintenance Director, this role is responsible for the day-to-day upkeep and maintenance of Morgan's Wonderland Camp's (MWC) landscape and facilities, ensuring a safe, functional, and beautiful site for all campers, guests, volunteers, groups, and staff. Working in conjunction with the Housekeeping Team, who is responsible for the cleanliness of interior buildings/facilities, Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the exterior cleanliness of all buildings/facilities including landscaping. This role works closely with the Housekeeping Staff, as well as all other departments at Camp.
· Ensure all equipment remains in proper working order and in compliance with operating procedures.
· Communicate regularly to Maintenance Director on all issues as they relate to site and facilities.
· Ensure all aspects of maintenance strategies are in compliance with safety standards set by local, state, and federal regulations, insurance, and ACA.
· Ensure buildings, activity areas, and storage sites are clean and safe according to OSHA standards.
· Provide support for camp activities.
· Responds to immediate facility needs for events.
· Support Grounds and Housekeeping teams as needed.
· Participates in on-going professional development and maintain an understanding of current best-practices.
· Actively support and promote a safe environment and ensure that proper safety precautions are being followed.
· Mitigate risk whenever possible and make safety recommendations to all departments.
· Maintain facility, equipment, vehicles, and groups according to ACA, State and Federal regulations and Morgan’s Wonderland standards, preventative maintenance plans and facility action plan.
· Monitor and control systems, practice and education as it relates to risk management and safety for participants/employees especially child abuse reporting policies and procedures.
· Any other duties as required.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with carpentry, plumbing, water, electrical, vehicle and machinery operation, and the maintenance associated with each.
· Knowledge of maintenance/landscape procedures relating to large-scale properties
· Ability to understand and adhere to local, state, federal, and ACA health and safety regulations.
· Education: High School degree or equivalent required.
· Experience: At least 1 year of experience in related field.
· Working knowledge of tools, methods, operations, and materials used in maintenance.
· Commitment to the mission and core values of Morgan’s Wonderland as well as the implementation of these values in all daily work activity.
· Must possess high levels of self-motivation, attention to detail, and time-management.
· Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
· Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
· Work is performed in a fast-paced office and outdoor environment.
· Much physical effort required on a routine basis: ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
· Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
· Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
· Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required.
Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration. This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in order to identify problems and recommend solutions
This is a full-time, hourly position.