Morgan's Wonderland Camp is an ultra-accessible™ camp for all ages and abilities, with a special emphasis on giving people with physical and cognitive challenges an opportunity to enjoy summer-camp-type activities alongside guests without special needs. Morgan's Wonderland Camp includes swimming, floating on a relaxing river, hiking, archery, horseback riding, zip-lining and much more.
Mandatory Training Dates: TBD
Under the direction of the Program Manager, The Seasonal Summer Program Staff plays a vital role in the success of Morgan's Wonderland Camp ("MWC"). This position will focus on the development and implementation of high-quality programming operations that help create meaningful and lasting experiences for our campers, guests, staff, and volunteers. As a member of the program team, this role is responsible for ensuring our camp program reflects and furthers the mission and values of Morgan's Wonderland Camp.
- Provide a phenomenal camp experience for all campers, guests, staff, and volunteers.
- Lead programming activities for campers, counselors, and volunteers.
- Maintain programming areas.
- Ensure a safe camp environment is maintained at all times.
- Assist in the daily operations of all camp areas including, but not limited to, food service, housekeeping, luggage handling, and camp store.
- Obtain necessary certifications (provided by MWC).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must possess high levels of self-motivation
- Ability to work effectively across departments, with members of the management team, volunteers, and partner camps with confidence and professionalism
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work as part of a team; maintain a positive attitude even under stress
- Applicable experience working with special needs population preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Physical Requirements
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and twisting upper body for long periods of time.
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis: the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is required. Will be occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequent and at times, a high level of walking is required.
- Environmental Demands
- The work environment is an outdoor camp environment with continuous outdoor activity and exposure to weather.
- The ability to move quickly across campus on uneven terrain.
- Additional information
- The continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate camp staff attire at all times.
- On site housing provided.