The Grounds Staff supports the Landscape Manager in overseeing the physical care, maintenance, and appearance of the camp property. This position helps exceed guest expectations of the overall maintenance, cleanliness, ambiance, and beauty of the campsite.
· Assist with preventative maintenance and upkeep of all grounds areas of camp, maintaining a clean, desirable, healthy and safe landscape.
· Maintain grounds and upkeep the overall look and feel of the property. This includes, but is not limited to building fences, mowing, planting, grooming, fertilizing, cleaning, trimming, weeding and cutting lawns and brushland.
· Prepares MWC Property for Guests with the purpose of attractive and safe assembly spaces, recreational locations, and events.
· Responds to immediate facility needs for events.
· Support Maintenance and Housekeeping teams as needed.
· Participates in on-going professional development and maintain an understanding of current best-practices.
· Actively support and promote a safe environment and ensure that proper safety precautions are being followed.
· Mitigate risk whenever possible and make safety recommendations to all departments.
· Maintain facility, equipment, vehicles, and groups according to ACA, State and Federal regulations and Morgan’s Wonderland standards, preventative maintenance plans and facility action plan.
· Monitor and control systems, practice and education as it relates to risk management and safety for participants/employees especially child abuse reporting policies and procedures.
· Any other duties as required.
· Education: High School degree preferred
· Experience: Zero to two years’ experience in grounds or landscaping
· Working knowledge of tools, methods, operations, and materials used in grounds maintenance.
· Commitment to the mission and core values of Morgan’s Wonderland as well as the implementation of these values in all daily work activity.
· Must possess high levels of self-motivation, attention to detail, and time-management.
· Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
· Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
· Work is performed in a fast-paced office and outdoor environment.
· Much physical effort required on a routine basis: ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
· Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
· Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
· Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required.
· Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration. This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in order to identify problems and recommend solutions
This is a full-time position with a payrate of $16.00 per hour.