Morgan's Wonderland Camp
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Part Time Ranch Staff DATE: August 2022
REPORTS TO: Ranch Manager DEPT: Program
Under the direction of the Ranch Manager, the Seasonal Part Time Ranch Staff position plays a vital role in the success of Morgan's Wonderland Camp ('MWC'). This position will focus on the implementation of high-quality programming operations that help create meaningful and lasting experiences for our campers, guests, staff, and volunteers. As a member of the program team, this role is responsible for ensuring our camp program reflects and furthers the mission and values of Morgan's Wonderland Camp.
This position is part time and paid hourly. Part Time Ranch Staff will work on an as-needed basis determined by the Ranch Manager. Work will primarily be performed on Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays.
• Provide a phenomenal camp experience for all campers, guests, staff, and volunteers.
• Catch, groom, and tack horses.
• Lead horses.
• Sidewalk for riders needing support.
• Assist in keeping ranch facilities safe and clean, including but not limited to pastures, barn, arena, and trails.
• Ensure a safe camp environment is maintained at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 16 years old
• Ability to work effectively across departments, with members of the management team, volunteers, and partner camps with confidence and professionalism.
• Willingness and enthusiasm to work as part of a team; maintain a positive attitude even under stress.
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Physical Requirements –
o Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and twisting upper body for long periods of time.
o Much physical effort required on a routine basis: the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is required. Will be occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
o Frequent and at times, a high level of walking is required.
• Environmental Demands –
o The work environment is an outdoor camp environment with continuous outdoor activity and exposure to weather.
o The ability to move quickly across campus on uneven terrain.