Under the direction of the Operations Manager, Operations Staff are responsible for the day-to-day upkeep and preparation required for all Morgan’s Wonderland Camp guests and events. Key aspects of this role include, but are not limited to, creating volunteer projects, serving as liaison for all incoming events, community outreach, and general camp operations. This role works closely with the Maintenance and Program departments as needed.
Mandatory Training Dates: May 22 -June 4, 2023
Summer Season: June 4th - August 12th, 2023
- Assist Program Department with preparations necessary for incoming Camps
- Assist Maintenance Department with upkeep/preparations necessary for incoming camps and events
- Provide support for camp activities; including lifeguarding and night activities
- Create and manage volunteer projects
- Recruitment of volunteers as needed
- Ensure proper training and scheduling of volunteers
- Operating and maintaining Camp store
- Facilitate and manage camp user-group events such as fundraisers, galas, meetings, etc.
- Maintain MWC pools and report any issues to Operations Manager
- Provide support for both Program and Maintenance departments as needed
- Mitigate risk whenever possible and make safety recommendations to all departments
- Participate in ongoing professional development and maintain an understanding of current best-practices
- Actively support and promote a safe environment and ensure that proper safety precautions are being followed
- Any other duties as required
- Education: High School degree preferred
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Morgan’s Wonderland Camp as well as the implementation of these values in all daily work activity
- Must possess high levels of self-motivation, attention to detail, and time-management
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely, and appropriate decisions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt quickly under pressure
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office and outdoor environment.
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis: ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
- Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required.
- Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration. This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in order to identify problems and recommend solutions